**** This map designed for the Team Fortress Classic Half-Life Mod ****
Title : Armageddon
Status : Final
Map Size : 2.5 Megs
Date Started : August 26th/99
Date Completed : October 24th/99
Filename : arma.zip (armageddon.bsp,armageddon.txt,armageddon_info.txt)
Author : Roger "Dr_Bones" Friesen
Email Address : [email protected]
ICQ : 42188616
Website : http://members.xoom.com/hlediting/
Description : Team Fortress Classic CZ2 & Rock Variant
Number of Teams : 2
Recommended # of Players: 8-16 (28 players MAX)
Other Author Map's : Castle Wars
New Textures : No
New Skins : No
New Sounds : No
Editor used : Worldcraft 2.1
Compiler : Q2Beaver & ZHLT Tools
Compile Time : 30 minutes.
Compile PC : PII 366 - 256 Megs Memory Win98
Place armageddon.bsp, armageddon.txt, armageddon_info.txt into your Half-life\tfc\maps directory.
MAP BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
A heavily armed Terrorist group has taken control of a secret US millitary base loaded with nucler missles and is threating to launch them. In response to this threat, the US Government has ordered the Navy Seals to go in and wipeout the base to stop the threat.
This is a CZ2 & Rock variant and is made for teamplay. The blue team (Terrorists) must protect the base & key which turns on the base self-destruct system. The Red team (Navy Seals) must breach the base, steal back the key and activate the self-destruct system located in the missle silo.
- You must protect your key at all times. You only score points as long as your key stay's in it's starting postion behind the large wall map.
- Besides your normal defending/attacking, you also have the use of a working turret & camera system. There are 6 in total. Both are found in the camera room across from the security office. "USE" one of the security buttons beside the screens. This will turn on that camera for you. The turret system can be turned on by "USING" the button beside the door & computer. This turret system will become active for 10 secs then take 4 minutes to recharge for it's next use. At this time, a message will appear on the screen informing you that the turrets are ready again.
- To gain access to the silo area for defence, DO NOT run through the lasers, unless you don't mind frying! :) Enter the silo from the security doors located at the end of both long halls. They are marked "Silo Access"
- The key is located behind the large wall map, which must be opened by a switch located in the security office. Because of the force used by the map door gear system, DO NOT attempt to block the doors as they will kill anyone who attempts it.
- In order to enter the silo area, you must deactivate the security laser fields. This is done by a security override switch in the satellite operations room. Be warned that this will only turn the lasers off for a short time, so make haste or use a teammate for help.
- When/if you gain entry to the missle silo, hit the switch (if you have the key) to activate the self-destuct system, then sit back and enjoy the fun before doing it again. :)
- Remember the enemy team only gains 5 points for every 60 secs. the key stays behind the map doors. So even if you don't score, as long as you keep trying and the key stays away from it's starting point, the blue team won't score either.
- This map is made for TEAMWORK. Without it, you won't get very far. During a playtesting, I had everyone just do whatever they wanted. Well at the end of the map cycle, blue won 120 to 40. Now the next game, red worked as a team and won 80 to 40. So remember to work together. :)
- If you get stuck behind the map doors, "USE" the button on the wall to open these doors again.
The Blue team will get five points for each 60 seconds that the key stays in it's starting point behind the map doors.
The Red team will be awarded 10 points for each time they blow up the base. Good-luck! :)
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- 9InNail & Dyne the Unholy for ton's of help. Thanks guys. :)
- Afro for use of his server for playtesting & general help.
- To all my fellow members at the Department of Engineering website, who's help in map designing made this come to life! :)
Armageddon is copyright 1999, Roger "Dr_Bones" Friesen.
Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH NO MODIFICATIONS!!!. If you don't co-operate, then DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT IN ANY FORM!!.
This BSP may be distributed ONLY over the Internet and/or BBS systems. You are NOT authorized to put this BSP on any CD or distribute it in any way without my permission.