This map does not work properly without the
TeamFortress v2.5+ QuakeC patch, which can be downloaded from
Single Player : Only if you want to look around
Cooperative : See above
Deathmatch (2-32) : Yes
Difficulty Settings : No
New Sounds : No
New Graphics : Yes
New Music : No
New Models : Yes
Demos Replaced : None
Grappling Hook : No
* Construction *
Base : New level from scratch
Editor(s) used : Worldcraft v1.5, qArt, qMe, EntEd
Known Bugs : None, I hope
Build Time : QBSP - 1 minutes 34 seconds
LIGHT - 19 minutes 36 seconds
VIS -level 4 - 3 minutes 33 seconds
* Changes from Castlez4
1. File name changed.
2. Outside area changed, ladders to get out of water.
3. Back rooms were removed and redone.
4. Basement textures redone.
5. Added upgradable upgrades. Can upgrade the 2nd to 6th upgrades
into more powerful versions if you take a gem to the alcove.
* Other Info *
This is a two team capture-the-flag type map. Each team has their
own base, at opposite ends of the map.
You must get inside the enemy base, and take their power gem. Then you
return it to the stained glass room in your basement.
Ordered Upgrade system:
When you capture the enemy power gem, your base will upgrade. There are
7 upgrades, after that, you just get the normal 10 points for
captures. Upgrade list at end of file.
When you take a gem to an upgrade alcove, you will swap the gem for
that upgrade. Also, everyone will get 5 frags. If you die, everyone
loses 5 frags. If you capture it, everyone gets an additional 5 frags
and the teamscore is increased by 10. You capture it at the same place
you capture powergems, but you will not get an upgrade this way.
If you wish to get the updates that I make by email, just email me with
the subject: Castlez Map
I will add you to the growing list, and notify you about changes I am
making and servers that are playing this map.
How to use this map:
Copy the 2castlez.bsp file into your
quake\id1\maps or quake\fortress\maps directory. Then run quake.
In the console, type "map 2castlez" (without the quotes)
If you want to play on a QW server running this map, copy the
2castlez.bsp file into your quake\qw\maps directory or into one of the
directories above. It will work either way. I would appreciate any
suggestions you may have.
******************************* Upgrades *******************************
These are the upgrades in order. There are 7 upgrades.
1. Extra sniper areas. When you get this upgrade, a door will apper at
the top of the ramp in the capture room. Through this door are 4 other
"exits". The teleport in front leads to the front of the base, at
ground level. The two side teleports lead to ledges in the room with the
spike and the water. Shoot the panel in the floor to reveal the 4th
teleport. This leads to the ledge on the side of the center of the map.
2. Hand grenades. A panel in the computer-room (opposite of your flag)
will open to reveal a floating grenade. Step into the alcove to max out
your special TF grenades.
GEM POWERUP-Regenerating ammo
3. Medikits/Regeneration. The next panel in the computer room will open
to reveal a Quake rune. When you grab it, your health is maxed out, and
if you are a Medic, you will max out your medikits.
GEM POWERUP-Regenerating health
4. Detpacks. The center panel is removed to show you a detpack. Grab
this for a detpack. No effect if you are not a Demoman.
GEM POWERUP-Regenerating Detpacks. 1 every 30 seconds
5. Mega Armor. This is one of the best upgrades. When you grab it, you
will get armor that is resistant to all types of attacks.
GEM POWERUP-Regenerating armour
6. Enchantment. Last computer room upgrade, this one looks like the
Pentegram on a chain. Grab it, and random number of seconds later it
goes off and you get Quad Damage and Invisibilty for 10 seconds.
GEM POWERUP-Multiple enchantment periods. 1 every 30 seconds for 5
7. Cannon. This cannon is mounted at the top of your castle. When a
demoman comes up behind it, it is triggered, and anything in it's
cone is blasted for 50 points of damage. Even your teammates, so be
careful. There is a red light placed on the cannon. When you can
see it, you can fire the cannon.
That's it for the upgrades. If you would like to see me put in any
other upgrades, mail me.
* Changes from Castlez3 *
1. The two main supply packs now provide special armour. One is
kevlar(bullets) and the other is wooden(nails).
2. Cannon can now harm players standing behind the opposing balcony
3. Cannon now has a red button at the back. You can fire it when the
button is out.
3. Two .mdl files introduced. Amulet.mdl is the Enchantment model
and powergem.mdl is the new flag model.
4. Enchantment power-up changed. Now when you get it, it is a delayed
item. After a random number of seconds, it activates and gives you
Quad Damage and Invisibility for 10 seconds. You can get them
every 20 seconds.
5. The center altar upstairs can now be det-packed. The advantage to
this besides the 5 points is that the owner of the altar
can not spawn there until the engineer repairs the altar with his
wrench. The engineer also gets 5 points for repairing the
6. New startup menu.
7. Ceilings above two of the bridges in each "spike" room are higher
up. This prevents players from sometimes getting stuck on them and
going into the water.
8. Lighting changed in some areas. Makes for a darker environment.
9. The center sniper pit no longer is invisible. This turned out to
be unfair for others because they couldn't see the people in there.
The two sniper ledges on the side remain the same.
* Changes from Castlez2 *
1. All supply packs supply even more ammo; everyone was complaining.
2. Architecture changes
3. Added access to roof and basement from the two main spawn rooms.
4. Added water grate. Only team members can pass it. Or you must detpack
it from below.
5. Elevator in basement moves faster. Much faster!
6. Cannon REALLY works. It also has a wider spread. Only a demoman can
fire it. And please be careful, the cannon can kill your teammates.
7. Only snipers can open the door in the capture room.
8. Added textures
* Changes from Castlez1 *
1. All supply packs now supply twice the nails; medics were complaining.
2. Took out some blocks, and changed the texture on triggers to cut down
on lag, and on people running GL.
3. The cannon now works. It does not use grenades. Instead, a demoman
just "shoots" it (he walks up to the back), and it fires a 50 damage
shot that hurts anyone (even teammates) that are in the effect cone
from the cannon mouth.