**** This map designed for the TeamFortress Classic Half-Life mod ****
5:10 PM 5/9/01
Title : Cydonia II
Filename : cydonia2.bsp
Author : Lee G Belote (AKULA-J-) of Z Factor productions (ZFP)
Email Address : [email protected]s.com
URL : http:www.planetfortress.com/zfactor
Description : TeamFortress Classic CTF map
Number of Teams : 2
Recommended # of Players: 8-24 (14-20 is the sweet spot)
New Skybox : Yes
New Textures : Yes (a few are still left)
New Sounds : Yes
Editor used : Worldcraft 3.3
Other utilities used : Wally, PsP, Bryce 3D, EntEd, Notepad
Build machine: PII-350 160MB RAM
Build time: 2 weeks
HLCSG: 118.25 seconds
HLBSP: 57.94 seconds
HLVIS : 200.75 seconds
HLRAD: 3569.06 seconds (-high -extra -chop 40 -texchop 20)
Note: hlrad was run on a AMD 600 mhz box with 224 MB RAM
Check out the Half-Life Editing Resource Center for all your mapping needs:
http://www.planethalflife.com/wavelength/ (VERY GOOD SITE)
Unzip all files into your "/half-life" directory, winzip will handle the rest.
Normal CTF stuff mostly. Everything is well marked and there is only one cap point per team
this time around. The secondary goal is to destroy the control center with a detpack.
There's a switch near the flag that'll open up the control center. Also there is a second
switch inside the control center if you get trapped. Scoreing is 5 points per flag capture
and 3 points for each destruction of the control center. There are a few items in the map
that can destroyed with detpacks (you figure it out). The sign usage covers the respawn,
flag, and control center only (the critcal goals). Personaly I think signs promote the
pussifacation of the TFC player. In short take the 5-15 minutes it takes to learn a new
map like us old timers do. Don't try too respawn camp because not only will you die you'll
look stupid at the same time.
- re-textured 75% of the map
- Lighting has been totaly overhauled
- added quick and dirty one way teleporters in the respawns to the basement. Use at your own risk. >:)
- ballanced the scoreing system
- replaced alot of sloppy brushwork
- added some extra touches to make things easy on the eye
- modem users rejoice! that evil jump in the vents can be done now. :)
- subway level's r_speeds are rock bottom so you HPBs have a nice playground.
- FoxBot waypoint file added. FoxBot can be downloaded at http://redfox.webgateinternet.com/
- RES file for server admins added.
- The map just works better with the new player models now
- ammo packs are now one-stop-shopping. So do your best to take only one please.
- Grenade packs give spammer...errr....demomen a fresh detpack. They did in the original version also but I forgot to tell anyone about that. I also chucked in an extra type two grenade now that demomen/hwguy classes can't carry 4 MIRVS.
Textures - I only bummed two textures one from Uncle Bruce (the resupply sign) and the
other from Hellface (the three tube light "m_light1"). If you see a texture that
you think came from somewhere else look again you'll find it doesn't quite
Sounds - I use three sounds from the "USS Darkstar" single player addon the other two
sounds are home grown.
Skybox - that is BASED on the sky used in the "USS Darkstar" single player addon but
I had too do some major editing so it'll work with this map correctly.