**** This themed level is designed for the Team Fortress Classic Half-Life mod ****
Title : Pharaoh's Curse II
Status : Final
Map Size : 4.7 megs (With custom textures)
Date Started : March 20th/2000
Date Completed : May 17th/2000
Filename : curse2.zip (curse2.bsp,curse2.txt,curse2_info.txt,sounds,models & sky)
Author(s) : Roger "[WTF?]Dr_Bones" Friesen
Email Address : [email protected]
ICQ : 42188616
Website : http://mapfinger.com/members/Dr_Bones/
Description : Team Fortress Classic CTF map
Number of Teams : 2
Recommended # of Players: 6-20
New Textures : Yes
New Skins/Models : Yes
New Sounds : Yes
New Sky : Yes
Editor used : Worldcraft 2.1
Compiler : Q2Beaver & ZHLT Tools
Compile Time : 4 Hours
Computer : PII - 366 with 256 megs of memory.
Unzip into your Halflife directory. All files will save into their right spots.
1) Place curse2.bsp, curse2.txt, and curse2_info.txt into your Half-life\tfc\maps\ directory.
2) Place the curse folder with custom sounds into your half-life\tfc\sound directory. If this sound directory doesn't exist, then you have to make it.
3) Place the models folder with three models into your half-life\tfc\ directory.
MAP BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
Pharaoh's Curse II is the second map in my Egypt series. This level is set in the year 2105, the time when the old god's returned to the world. Two waring factions bent on the destruction of each other have allied with each Pyramid's choosen god. Be warned however, even though the Pyramids have been converted to this day, evil of old still walks through their halls.
- Each teams ankh is watched over by the keeper who maintains the magical forcefield. You have to press the god's picture under the water to lower this field and gain access to the Ankh. Be forwarned, the god only lowers the field for 20 seconds so make haste in your task!
- Each team has the blessing of their choosen god. Because of this, they have the power to walk through their own forcefield without taking damage.
- Three secrets abound this level for those blessed enough to use them. One is found in each of the Ankh rooms. "It is written that fire cleans the soul and will help along those in need". The third can be found outside, where the crisp hot air swirls in magical patterns. Jump into the right one and that enemy base will be closer then you think.
Standard CTF. Lower the forcefield around the Ankh by hitting the choosen gods image located in the water by the Ankh. Then take the enemy Ankh to your capture point by your Ankh to score.
10 points per capture.
Castle Wars, Armageddon, Pharaoh's Curse, War Of Ages, Dragonlords and Dragonlords (Special Edition)
Dark Souls, Scouts Honor, Castle Wars II, Armageddon II, Fortress and more.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Alnya for the custom Ankh.
- MoOg for ton's of help.
- Moe for the converting & compiling the Ankh.
- Un_Ethical for fixing up the two new models for this map.
- Too all the people at the DOE "http://doe.lowlife.com/halflife/" who helped playtest this map.